Clinical Direct Support Professional – Full Time/First Shift
Location: Manchester area
This is truly one of the most rewarding jobs you’ll ever find! Working with individuals who have intellectual disabilities to help them live a full life is a challenging, yet wonderfully fulfilling opportunity like no other. If you’re up for the challenge, we have the job for you!
We’re looking for an experienced Clinical Direct Support Professional, or someone who has experience in working with individuals with intellectual disabilities, to assist Chris, a 29-year-old charismatic young man. Chris is working hard to achieve his two main goals: to live independently and have a job he enjoys.
As a Clinical DSP for Chris you’ll be responsible for providing support to help him to achieve his personal goals, make good decisions on a day-to-day basis, and live a healthy, active life.
Here’s More About Chris…
Chris has a great sense of humor. That’s one of the first things people notice about him. He’s a people-person who is outgoing, likable, kind and active. He’s also very independent, caring, friendly and enjoys a variety of activities. He’s seeking rewarding employment and has a great work ethic.
Activities he enjoys include:
- Exercising – hiking, going to the gym and a variety of other fun things such as skateboarding, karate lessons, tossing a football in the park, playing basketball, golf (mainly going to the driving range or playing miniature golf)
- Watching movies, listening to music, going to concerts
- Art – such as going to paint bars, etc.
- Fishing & bowling
- Socializing, shopping
- Being adventurous and exploring new activities
Chris is working toward becoming more independent and hopes to live on his own in the future. He would like someone who can help support his active life style, while also helping him accomplish his goals and nudge him in the right direction with equal doses of compassion humor and resolve. He’s certainly deserves someone who will stand behind him, while also standing beside him and being his biggest fan.
As a Clinical DSP you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Building trust through being a caring, compassionate and supportive mentor
- Assisting with medication management
- Transporting to/from appointments and work
- Being a trusted advisor to help him make good decisions
- Being a positive role model
- Providing the support required to help him achieve his life goals
The Moore Center will also offer training and support to help ensure your success.
If you’re a caring and compassionate individual who has experience in working with individuals who have intellectual disabilities, let’s talk. For answers to any questions or to send a letter of interest and resume, please email Craig Gunnery or call him at 603-315-6447. You can also submit your information through the link below.Apply Now!