Home Provider/Mentor Needed!
Location: Prefer Goffstown/Bedford area
Compensation: Approx $70k Annually
We’re looking for a Home Provider who would also be a mentor for Mike, a 35-year-old man with a mild developmental delay and bipolar disorder.
As a Home Provider for Mike you’d be responsible for providing a bedroom in your home, as well as access to other main living areas. Another option would be an in-law apartment. The Home Provider compensation is $70K per year, which includes the cost of providing room and board.
As a mentor you’d offer him support in achieving his personal goals, making good decisions on a day-to-day basis, and living a healthy, active life.
More About Mike
Mike is a very independent, caring, friendly and social individual and spends approximately 4 to 5 hours per day with friends. He’s also seeking employment, which will occupy some of his daytime hours. He’s very social and enjoys being with others and viewed as part of a family. Activities he enjoys include:
- Exercising – hiking and biking
- Watching movies/listening to music
- Socializing, including going out to eat with friends/talking on the phone
- Cookouts with family and friends
- Day trips to explore new things
Mike is working toward becoming more independent and hopes to live on his own in the future. He would like someone who can help support an active life style, assist in making community connections and help him explore new activities and experiences.
In general, as a Home Provider and mentor you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Providing safe and accessible living quarters
- Assistance/oversight of scheduling appointments for medical needs
- Medication management
- Transportation to/from appointments and work
- Assistance with budgeting, grocery shopping and eating a healthy diet
- Providing a caring, compassionate and supportive home environment
- Being an active mentor/positive role model
- Providing the support required to help him achieve his goal of achieving independence
The Moore Center will provide extensive training and support, and funding for respite is also available.
We’re looking for a caring and compassionate, mature individual or couple who will be a good role model. Experience in working in mental health and/or with intellectual disabilities is a plus, but not required. For answers to any questions or to send a letter of interest and resume, please email Cathy Feirick or call her at 603-206-2767. You can also submit your information through the link below.Apply Now!