Home Provider/Mentor Needed!
Location: Greater Manchester, NH Area
Compensation: Approx $80k Annually
We’re looking for an experienced and compassionate individual to open their home to a male in his thirties who experienced a brain injury. Ideal applicant will have a home with a separate bedroom and bathroom that can accommodate the potential for a wheelchair in the future.
The Home Provider compensation is approximately $80K per year, which includes the cost of providing room and board.
More About the Individual
This is a young man who values his independence and wants you to too. He’d like someone who can help support him through a slowing lifestyle but still encourage him to explore and experience the world. He has excellent communication skills and is articulate about his needs and wants. He enjoys a variety of activities, such as:
- Watching TV
- Using the computer
- Listening to music
- Keeping in touch with his family
- He is an animal lover (He has a well-cared for cat that would come with him as well)
- He has expressed a desire to travel
As a Home Care Provider you would partner with him to help him achieve his personal goals and ensure his safety. You would be responsible for the following:
- Providing a safe and accessible home that can accommodate his advancing care needs.
- Providing a caring, engaging, compassionate and supportive environment
- Assistance/oversight and coordination of scheduling and attending appointments for medical needs
- Assistance with his medications
- Transportation to/from appointments and activities in the community
- Assistance with grocery shopping, meal preparation and eating a healthy diet
- Being an active mentor/positive role model
- Providing support with personal care needs as they arise
We’re looking for a caring, compassionate and mature individual who will be a friend, mentor and guide through the ups and downs of life. Experience working with or caring for individuals with Huntington’s disease highly preferred but not required.
The Moore Center will provide extensive training, as well as on-going coaching and a support structure to ensure a mutually successful relationship between you and him.
If you have it in your heart to step up for this young man click here to submit an inquiry and learn more.Apply Now!