If you’ve got experience working with people with intellectual disabilities, this may be a great opportunity to advance your career!
We have two exciting opportunities for a Career Trainers in our Moore JOBS program. Moore JOBS is an innovative internship program designed to create employment opportunities for individuals with intellectual disabilities by providing career-specific education and job skills. It prepares them for meaningful employment by facilitating their participation in hands-on, classroom, and practical instruction, with mentors to guide them every step of the way.
As a Career Trainer, you’ll be responsible for helping our intellectually disabled clients work toward becoming employed in our community by guiding them through the program and working with our partners to ensure its successful completion. This is a very rewarding position! You’ll see the day-to-day progress, provide encouragement as they work toward their goals, and celebrate the day each client achieves their ultimate goal of becoming gainfully employed.
You’ll learn about various New Hampshire state regulations regarding serving those with intellectual disabilities, and you’ll also learn various aspects of working in the healthcare industry while supporting our intern partnership with Birch Hill Terrace, a continuing care retirement community, which is the site for this specific program.
- Working with partners to facilitate mentoring of clients through on-the-job training, as well as classroom training.
- Providing direct support to clients as necessary
- Encouraging clients to achieve their goals
- Communicating effectively with all partners and team members
- Providing progress reports as necessary
- Client transportation
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Experience in working with people with intellectual disabilities (in employment settings a plus)
- Experience as a DSP (Direct Support Professional) a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- A valid driver’s license and access to a safe operating vehicle during scheduled working hours
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid time off
- Tax deferred savings plan (agency match of 4% after one year)
Potential candidates may have experience in positions such as, Direct Support Professional (DSP), Para Professional, Personal Care Provider, Life Skills Coach, etc.
The internship program hours will run from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., (second shift), which simulates the real-world hours of most of the positions they’re training for.
Click here to learn more about our Moore Jobs Internship Program.