Announcing the Partial Return of Rising Stars
Hello Rising Stars and Supporters,
UPDATE: Please be advised that when I sent out the original message below, announcing the partial return of Rising Stars, one of our required forms was not attached (Contact Info). Please complete that form (see below) and return with all other forms by Wednesday, Oct. 6th. Sorry for mess up. Chet
I hope this communication finds you all well. We wanted to let you all know that the Rising Stars Executive Council has been meeting for most of August and September to make some decisions about in-person return to Rising Stars.
We wanted you to know their decisions on this upcoming season. Please share this information with anyone who may be involved in Rising Stars and if you are no longer supporting one of the members, we’d appreciate if you could forward this email to their new residence or to their Case Manager or let me know.
The following decisions have been made by your 2019-2020 Executive Council:
- Due to the increased community spread of the Delta Covid Variant, we will not yet return to in-person activities even though many of us have been vaccinated. It’s just too unsafe for our most vulnerable members. We are hoping for a return in Jan. 2022.
- We will however be returning with some Zoom activities each month until an in-person return is possible.
- These activities will include 1 monthly Zoom Bingo Night and 1 monthly Craft Night activity.
- If you choose to sign up for this partial season, you will receive an activities calendar and instructions on how to come by and pick up your Bingo and Craft supplies at the beginning of each month for the upcoming month.
- Due to the struggles with so many people on Zoom, at one time, we are limiting membership to only those who were a member when we disbanded in March of 2019.
- There will not be any Wreath/Kissing Ball fundraiser again this year and no Pizza Wednesdays.
- The Rising Stars will still take part in our annual community service Food Drive activity in November but it will be done differently than in the past.
To be a member this year, you will need to complete the documents below and either email them back to us or drop off at TMC’s McGregor St. office. We would like to have these back by Wednesday, Oct. 6th so we can begin our first event/Bingo on Wednesday, October 13th at 3:30pm.
- Rising Stars Description Flier
- Code of Conduct Sign Off
- Authorization and Release Form
- Contact Info Sheet
We know that we would all prefer to be together in-person but we do feel this approach will keep us connected until we can return all together.
If you have any questions, please contact us by email or call.